Liz has made another great survey (not me Liz, but this Liz). Had to fill it in. Must. Answer. Questions…… ….. …
1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
Blueberry Boat – The Fiery Furnaces
2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
It has to have an approach to basic recipes that I would never have thought of by myself. Cool twists, you know? And in all seriousness, a heck of a lot of amazon reading and maybe I test a recipe or two first if I can.
3. What did you eat today?
oatmeal with raspberries, bananas and cashew butter
rice pilaf, ambercup squash, steamed broccoli & a chocolate chip cookie
big hunks of dragonfruit, cucumber, some different leftover squash (acorn possibly), and a cranberry muffin.
miso soup and a carrot
a couple mints
4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
vegan cheese, cream cheese, yogurt or sour cream. It’s a whole big uncharted territory that one.
5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Kamut in the Kitch. Uhhh… lame. whatever. Vegan Party.
6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
Vegetarian ages 11-16
Vegan ages 17, 23-24
8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
Homemade cheezy sauce, so far I like SusanV’s mac and cheese the best (I haven’t made many)
9. Cutest baby animal?
Otters! Or wee little lizards!
10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
Fig! It doesn’t need toast, just a spoon.
11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
Calcium magnesium. I should probably take some B vitamins here and there before I get that weird B12 deficiency thing.
12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Cinnamon in EVERYTHING. And I do mean everything.
13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
Oh, you know, tofu. I crave the stuff if I can’t get it for a few days.
14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
First – green tea or earl grey with breakfast. Then black coffee hot enough to sear a few layers of tongue off after that (can’t drink it with food or it’ll inhibit iron absorption I think). And then gigantic mugs of any kind of tea after that. Hardly ever hot chocolate. I like hot mugs of caffeine, oh I do……
15. It’s 10PM and you’re starving. What do you eat?
Banana, as anything else might be too cold and structurally challenging enough to wake me up too much. maybe a pudding.
16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
Satchmo-cat just uses my water cups as her own.
17. Worst injury you’ve gotten in the kitchen?
I sliced my thumb on a meat-slicer (don’t ask, bad job) right down to the bone once. My supervisor tried an old greek trick of rubbing tobacco in it to stop the bleeding, which might have worked but mostly just stung a lot. And then I got the afternoon off!
18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
The internet in general
19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
Peaches, all the berries. Avocado!
20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
My candy drawer at home always has dark chocolate, ginger candies, a couple lara/luna bars, and those peanut and sesame brittles with the white tapioca cake underneath.
21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
Spicy, thick, tomatoe-y barley something with lots of pepper and a hunk of marmite-spread dark bread alongside.
22. What’s your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
Only ever tried carrot, celery and ginger, but I loved it! Spicy and surprisingly sweet.
23. Favorite brand of root beer?
I don’t know… but I like this kind of ginger beer
24. Make up your own question!
If your kitchen had a flag, what would it proudly wave?
Uhhhhh…. It would have a pirate ship with like, 18,000 cookies spilling out of it. And Satchmo cat up in the rigging, just because. :D