Sometimes I do use dinner knives. It’s true! Maybe I should do it more often, actually, ’cause this was REALLY tasty. I made blackened tofu from Eat Drink and be Vegan, with Exraveganza-inspired lemon cardamom rice and tartar sauce, and I probably should have doubled the amount of sauce I made, because I’m out of leftover tofu right now and I still want to douse everything in tartar-y goodness.
Tartar Sauce (or the best use for mayo ever)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp each finely diced pickle, capers, red onion
a few drops of caper juice
1/8 tsp garlic powder
sprinkle of each of salt and sugar
lots of black pepper
1. Stir, let it sit, consume.
And I’ve been tagged with a survey or two. I don’t remember who tagged me for the Seven Things survey, but I’ll get around to that one in a day or so with a tour of my kitchen instead of random boring stuff about me. Of course I say that and then subject you to the Four Things survey, because I remember who tagged me (hi Rural Vegan! :), and I haven’t done one like it before. K…
Four Places I Go Over and Over:
1. School (it’s true!). For loads of things. (quietude, classes, anti-capitalist food, studio space, free political screenings, cheap books, art supplies)
2. the stretch of grocery stores in my neighbourhood with the fresh produce that lines the streets and the funny umbrellas that keep the rain off. Sometimes when it gets snappy-cold all of a sudden you can thunk frozen oranges together. :)))))
4. la-la land/my sketchpad
Four People Who E-mail Me Regularly
1. My mom. I am super cool. :D
2. Amazon. Even cooler.
3. School, telling me about gallery submissions and performance art yada
4. I don’t ‘get’ regular emailing, actually. If I like conversing with someone enough to send multiple emails I’ll usually take the dialogue to a better format.
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
1. On a rooftop, swathed in plushy new winter-wear, nursing a hot cider and watching the city at night.
2. A heady, smoky night in Morocco or Malaysia or some such
3. Tibetan monastery
4. a little boat with an owl, a wizard, a lamp and a map
Four of My Favorite Places to Eat
1. The cafe at the arts building has the perfect view of dilapidated downtown Montreal, is never crowded, has vegan wraps and you can even grill your own sandwiches and look at funny textile art. Oh, and a microwave for bagged lunches, perhaps most important of all.
2. Anywhere outside in the forest.
3. Anywhere with friends, while travelling.
4. I hardly eat out!!! But I like a good burrito/wrap more than anything, except maybe The Table restaurant in Ottawa.
Four TV Shows I Watch Over and Over
1. Good Eats!!!! It’s total comfort watching.
2. Project Runway/Top Chef
3. Venture Bros.
*5. Does a long-running anime obsession count? it should. :P